Good morning one and all.
Sorry for the lack of posts this week but I have been in Slovakia for work. I don't know, how dare work get in the way of crafting! Consequently I have a few Challenges to catch up with.
This project is for Die Cut Dreams Challenge #75 - Anything but a card. So here is one of my canvas board pictures. It is A6 in size.
The white board was painted with acrylic paints in yellows and browns, lightened in places with a bit of white.
For the background, I took a piece of calico fabric, coloured it with patches of Stazon ink, just by pressing the ink pad to the fabric to give random rectangles of colour. This was then stamped with some texture stamps from Elusive images in pumpkin, mustard and brown, layering them up but stamping one image over another. The final layer was made by stamping the key hole and sentiments onto tissue paper in brown. When dry, these were applied over the top using watered down PVA glue. The slight wrinkles giving texture and character. When dry a coat of the PVA was applied over the whole sheet and allowed to dry. This gave a fairly stiff piece of fabric. Note: Stazon ink had to be used for all of this work or else the PVA glue would have made Distress or other dye based inks smudge and run.
For the embellishment, I took another piece of fabric, coloured it with Adirondack ink and stamped the keyhole (again from EI) in a dark brown. No liquid was going near this piece so it did not matter that dye based ink was used. This was cut from the fabric sheet and edged with blanket stitch, in a rusty coloured cotton, to stop it fraying.
The background sheet was trimmed to size with a metal edged rule and knife. No fraying here because of the amount of glue used on it! This was then bonded in place with more PVA glue and allowed to dry. The embellishment was mounted on top with double sided tape and the small pearls and crystals added to complete the effect.
A ribbon was adhered to the back to hang the picture and the back was covered with brown card to tidy everything up!