Tuesday, 26 April 2011
Well, I hope you all had a good Easter break. It went by all to quickly didn't it. Still, there is another long weekend just around the corner!
Here is a card for the CES Challenge #33 - Spring Colours or Image.
What can be more indicative for Spring than flowers. All the stamps used are by Clarity including a Clever Corner, Daffodil, Primrose and Bluebells. I have used some nice fresh greens to add more spring colour.
The Clever corner was used to stamp floral framess, on silk finish card. The images were stamped within the frames, coloured with Aquamarkers and cut out. Each image was mounted on a double mat of Nestabilities in light and dark green.
The background layer was made from white card and alcohol inks with a little bit of gold mixative added for richness. The lace edging was added to the back of this layer once the card had been trimmed to the required size.
The base A5 card is in a lovely Spring green. The gorgeous beaded trim was bonded to the base card before the assembly of lace and background card was stuck into place. The three motifs were then mounted in place with foam pads.
Sunday, 24 April 2011
First I must apologise for the irregular blogs at the moment. The new house is just taking up so much time.
Still, I have managed to make a bit of time today and I hope to sneak in some more tomorrow!
Here is a card for the Stampman Challenge #21 - Resist Techniques
The 3 cream tags were stamped with the script and patterned stamps (Stamp Addicts) and embossed with clear embossing powder. The tags were then coloured with 3 different Distress inks - Fired Earth, Marmalade and Frayed Burlap. The excess ink was rubbed from the embossing to show the original cream tag card underneath.
The stamped images were cut out to give a strip of 3 mini images. These were mounted onto each tag with foam tape.
Gold thread was used through the tag holes. Holes were punched in the tags to thread the pearl tape through which is then used to tie the card into a triangle shaped card.
Wednesday, 13 April 2011
Crafty Catz #77 - Embossing
The Stampman challenge #20 - Embossing
The base card started out A5 in size and was cut out with a Grand Nestability and the edges of the yellow card were tinted with Distress inks. The mat was cut with a smaller size of Grand Nestie. This was ready embossed card and the embossing was enhanced with Distress ink.
The lower tag was first coloured with Distress ink and then embossed in a cuttlebug embossing folder.
The top tag was coloured with distress inks, and stamped with a Stampman Butterfly and flourishes by Sheena Douglass. All of these were stamped using Versamark and embossed with Moonglow embossing powder.
As a final touch the buttons were made from Fimo polymer clay which was embossed with a stamp to give the textured finish.
Sunday, 10 April 2011
CES Challenge #31 - Monochromatic.
I chose to use blue for my base colour. This card is A5 in size. I sprayed the base card and the blue embossed layer with a lighter blue Glimmer Mist to give is a bit of shine. The embossed blue card is mounted on white card which in turn is mounted onto the base card after the dark and light blue ribbons had been wrapped around them. The dark blue bow was made separately and bonded in place with Pinflair glue gel.
The main image is following the great techniques as demonstrated by Barbara Grey. The mountains int he background were added using a torn edge of paper and a brayer using Denim Adirondack ink. The Crane was stamped using the same ink as were the flourishes at the top of the image. Grasses were used, again with the same ink, to complete the foreground.
The three little flowers, which were part of a prize from another challenge, were a bit too turquoise so I sprayed them with some darker blue ink to dull them down a bit. These were then bonded in place with Glue gel.
I hope you like the card. I will be uploading some more later this week to really get back into what I love doing best.
Tuesday, 5 April 2011
Good morning. Just a note to say that I have survived the move to Stonehouse in Gloucestershire and I started my new job yesterday. The house is about 90% sorted. My craft room needs another couple of evenings work to get it useable. Consequently I hope to get back into crafting and challenges this weekend. I just hope I can remember where I have put everything! Therefore......watch this space.....!