Sunday 12 June 2011

Summer Flowers

Good morning. Happy Sunday. It's a bit wet but who cares when these is so much crafting to be done.

This is my entry for the Totally Papercrafts #70 - Summer challenge. Summer to me means flowers and lots of them.

This is an A5 size card. The background paper was created using marbling techniques starting with plain white card. I love the patterns this creates.

The main image is from Sheena Douglass' Pansy stamps from her Paint Fusion range. Once stamped onto mount board the flowers and leaves were painted in acrylic paints and the board was framed using a gold Krylon pen.

The lime green open weave hessian strip is something that I have had kicking around in my stash for years.

The butterfly and the flowers are made from some pre-printed flowers on a plastic base which when heated can be moulded into the required shape.

The main image, the butterfly and the flowers were bonded to the card with Pinflair glue.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shirl, youve really got the hang of that fusion painting, and your card is stunning. Well done hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pansies and am very much a fan of this! I can't make the technical comments that others do, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx