Sunday 5 June 2011

Berries

Good morning again.

For the second card of the day we have Berries for the Totally Papercrafts #69 - Get Fruity challenge.

I have been practicing with the Sheena Douglass paint fusion techniques and so here is one of my attempts featuring Blackberries.

This was painted on mount board 4" x 4" in size. The background was created by using the vaseline technique so that the cream coat of paint does not stick where the vaseline was placed which shows the brown undercoat.

After stamping and painting the picture, the word Berries was stamped in green ink. It was aged with distress ink and then edged with gold embossing powder. This was matted onto dark green card, then a lighter one to tone with the lighter green on the leaves and this was bonded to the square, dark green base card. The leaves, were pre-cut ones from a kit that I have had for years. They were slightly manipulated to raise the leaves up to give more texture and depth to the card.

2 comments:

  1. I think its looking very cool, really like that. And it's got PURPLE in it! But yes, nice effect, like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great Shirl I got some of these stamps and paints for mothers day I hope my efforts will look as good as yours when I try them out love Dorothy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx