Sunday 5 June 2011

Pink and Orange

I don't know, you don't see a blog from me for ages and then they all come along at once!

Hmmmm, pink and orange, not my favourite combination but this card is for the Crafty Creations #121 - Pink and Orange challenge.

The stamped image is from a stamp by Creative Expressions. The background for this was created from a white piece of card which had distress ink applied from a non-stick craft mat where it had been spritzed with water, After the first go, I dried it and then re-dipped it until I got the effect I was looking for.

The image was stamped with graphite black ink and embossed with clear powder. A tinted edge of distress ink was added and then gold embossing powder was added round the edges.

The flowery edge to the pink and orange card was made with a Martha Stewart punch.

The flowers were made from MCS pre-printed die cut sheets. The flowers were pushed out from the sheets and curled and layered with Pinflair glue. Ultra fine glitter was added to the edges of the petals to add some shine and interest.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty pretty! Yes, it's quite girly, but pretty all the same, I love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Shirl, gorgeous image to.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirl I was wondering where you were, well now I see you are back again, fabulous cards and I love your flowers. with hugs shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it took you out of your comfort zone Shirl, you did fabulously well. Your card is amazing.Thank you for joinins the Crafty Creations Challenge, come again and challenge youself, you did good. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, love the punched borders and your distress ink background. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's challenge at Crafty Creations.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx