Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Paper Marbling - Experimentation

Good morning. Welcome to Wednesday - half way through the week already.

I spent a bit of time last week experimenting with paper marbling inks. These are some of the results. These are all on A6 size card and I have to say that I was quite pleased with the results. I can't wait to use some of them in my card making projects. I did a whole load of A4 size as well. I am afraid it is a bit addictive! The room was littered with drying sheets of paper. Thank goodness the weather was warm so that they dried quickly and then I could do some more!

I did find that the first "impression" taken from a newly set up bath of inks was more difficult to get a pleasing result. It could be too bright and a bit blobby. However the second and third impressions taken were often much more interesting as the swirls started to show through and the colours were paler as there was less ink to transfer.

What I did discover was that you shouldn't use more than about 3 colours. I found that it could become very muddy looking which whilst OK for some projects, would have limited use I think.

Right.... all I need now is the right project to use them in....! "Watch this space", as they say.

No comments:

Post a comment

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx