Monday, 4 July 2011
Here is a card for three challenges:
The Stamp Man #26 - Alcohol Inks plus Optional Sketch
Crafty Creation #125 - Thank You
Sentimental Sundays #62 - Anything Goes (with a Sentiment)
As you can see, I have majored on Alcohol inks on this one. I used them on white gloss coated card to produce the pinky purple sheet and then on metal sheet for the music and the pansy.
Stamps used - The Sentiment "I cannot thank you enough" by Chocolate Baroque and the Pansy by Sheena Douglass.
I have based the card on the optional sketch but I did take liberties with the design by adding the pansy and the double row of punched edges.
The card base is A5 in size in a dark navy blue. The same colour card was used for the blue strip punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.
The white card was coloured with the alcohol inks and silver mixative. I made this sheet some time ago so I am afraid I cannot remember exactly which colours. A strip was punched with the same punch. The sentiment was stamped onto another piece of this sheet with Versamark ink and embossed with Platinum WOW powder. This was cut out with the Nestie Label which was matted onto a blue background made from drawing around the same Nestie and cutting it out by hand.
The metal sheet was coloured with the alcohol inks. When dry, the right hand edge was embossed by hand using a brick design former and various metal working tools. The sheet was then put through a Cuttlebug with the music embossing folder making sure that it was clear of the brick embossing. The resulting sheet was trimmed to size.
The pansy was stamped onto the back of another metal sheet with Stazon. When dry, it was cut out and coloured with the same inks used for the music sheet. The flower was then hand embossed on a sponge mat working on the reverse to bring out the edges of the petals. Glossy accents was used on the reverse to fill in the embossed lines so that is supports the metal and will not let the pansy get squashed.
For both the music sheet and the pansy the ink on the raised portions of the design was removed with blending solution so that the silver of the metal shows through.
The 2 punched strips were mounted with DS tape and the metal with glossy accents. The sentiment was added with Pinflair glue