Friday 8 July 2011

Poppies

Hello again.

I'm sorry, it is yet another poppy card. I just love them and I seem to have so many different stamps that include them!

This card is for the Critter Challenge #72 - Sketch plus Red.

I started off with a cream linen textured card for the base.

The 2 red square panels are Coredinations card which has been through a Cuttlebug and embossing folder. The surface was sanded to remove the top layer of colour to reveal the core. These were then simply bonded to the base card.

The poppy image is from Chocolate Baroque which was coloured with Promarkers. Glossy Accents was applied to the flowers to give a beautiful shiny finish and the whole thing left to dry overnight. The panel was trimmed to size and Fired Brick Distress Ink used to tint the edges. This panel was added to a black shiny mat and then bonded to the base card.

Earlier this week, I rediscovered Mizuhiki cord so I had another play to produce two different knots to embellish the corners of the card.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shirl this is gorgeous I love poppies and your card is beautifully coloured to. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Great use of the sketch and color red- love it! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx