Sunday 22 January 2012

Felted Key Ring

Good afternoon.

My first example of felted work which is totally hand felted. No commercial felt here. This started off as a bunch of fibres. I had to make 4 flowers, exactly the same size, two for each chain on the key ring.

I drew the flower onto dissolvable fabric to give a base for the flower. Fibres were added using a hand felting tool and then the felting was completed on my embellishing machine. Orange fibres were made into the centres of the flowers which were machines in place.

A flower was placed either side of the jump ring at the end of one of the chains and sewn through to keep it in place. A few seed beads were added to give extra texture.. The two flowers were then sewn all around the edges to totally secure them in place. This was repeated for the flower on the other chain.

PS: If you liked my 8 pointed brooches yesterday, pop over the my other blog to see some 6 pointed ones which I think look quite elegant.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirl love your keyring, those colours are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx