Saturday 21 January 2012

Felt Brooches


Good morning. Welcome to Saturday. Here are my first examples of felted projects. I got a 12 needle embellishing/ felting machine for Christmas and I am having great fun with it. These brooches are made from commercial felt but I have added black and silver fibres onto the white surface. The two sheets were then shaped and layered to give this look before sewing onto a brooch pin and adding the centre bead(s). The next version is on black felt with white and silver added and the final one is purple with blue wool fibres and Angelina fibres added to texture.
The next step is to create my own felt sheets from scratch. Watch this space.....!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're finally getting to use the felting machine, and I'm loving the results, especially like the effects of the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirl I see your getting involed in sorts of crafting, felting is just fabulous and your flowers are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are very elegant. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx