Sunday 2 January 2011

The Last Christmas Card


I know we are now in 2011 but I needed an excuse to post this Christmas card that I made for my other half. I was so pleased with it. Therefore this is to be an entry for the Crafty Catz challenge #63 which was my choice of any of their old challenge themes. Consequently I chose #60 - Christmas.
The base card is navy blue and A5 in size.
The background was made from white watercolour card which was tinted with Distress ink and when dry it was over sprayed with silver and lapis lazuli mica mists. The made the distress ink run and gave a very nice effect.
The two flourishes were cut on my Cricut machine.
The sentiment was hand foiled in silver and the edges tinted with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. This was matted onto silver mirror card.
The image, by Sheena Douglass, was stamped with the same distress ink onto watercolour card and then with a damp brush the ink from the outline was drawn into the image to add shading. Once trimmed to the required size the edges were tinted with the same ink (I just love this colour) and the image was matted onto silver mirror card. Although it is not that easy to see on the photo, I added snow, both falling from the sky and on the ledges of the house, on the ground etc, using a quickie glue pen and glamour dust to give a very delicate sparkle.
These were all added to the base card with double sided tape except for the sentiment which was applied with foam pads to give depth
Now I will forget Christmas cards for the next few months and look forward to all the new challenges that 2011 will bring.

2 comments:

  1. HiShirl,Oh this is fab, love those swirls,I have promised myself a swirl die of some description this year, just don't know which one to choose.....hope you had a good Christmas and New Years.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic project. Adding one to my wish list too, lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx