Sunday 2 January 2011

First and Last (or Greatest) Challenge



This is an entry for the Crafty Cardmakers Mega Xmas Challenge of first card (or the oldest that you have a picture of) and the last card you made (or else the greatest card you have made).
Well, the pink card is one of my very earliest creations using Hot of the Press papers (if I remember correctly), some little tags that were stamped and coloured with Twinkling H2Os and peel offs, which I very rarely use now.
The oriental card is my favourite card that I made last year due to the number of techniques used. The background was made with distress inks on white card and a beautiful oriental stamp. The tag uses Sheena Douglass' Poppy stamp and the buttons were made from Fimo, stamped with various impressions before they were baked. For more details on how this card was made, please refer to my blog for Wednesday 10th Novemebr - Oriental Button Card.
I belive that that this fits the crieria for the challenge. At least it shows that I havemade some progress over the years!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shirl, wow love your oriental card the way youve coloured your tag is gorgeous, and so rich. They are both fabulous, your first simple but classy and your second vibrant and beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that shows some pretty major progress... having said that, I'm be pretty chuffed to be achieving something like your first card even now. But as previously said, they're both completely different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirl, I have to say that I think both cards are fab.....obviously alot more work went into the second one, but both are brilliant.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, these cards definitely fit the challenge criteria. And what gorgeous cards they are. I can see why the oriental one is your fav. Such a lot of work has gone into it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unrealted - thought this might be of interest

    http://sweetpearubberstamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving going round all the blogs and seeing how people's styles have changed and your's is one of the most marked changes. Your first card was lovely but oh WOW your latest is a stunner.

    And see it has my leader's stamp on it. I love that poppy stamp it's one of my favs from Sheena.
    By the way look out for this coming Saturday 15th January as Sheena has two new shows on C&C with some new stamps, which I am sure will surprise a lot of folks.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers, hope we will see you back again.

    Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx