Saturday 4 December 2010

New Year Card

A card for the Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #61 - Happy New Year.

I decided not to go for the Party theme but to remind people that Spring is just around the corner once Christmas has come and gone. I like to look on the optimistic side of life!

The card is 7" x 7" - it's not often I make a square card but this seemed to suit the embellishments.

Layered onto the dark green base card is a mat of holographic card. On top of this is a layer that I made consisting of a piece of white card that I splattered with Purple and Green Glimmer Mist sprays. The splatter was created by spraying the mists onto a some twigs of a fir tree from my garden and then just slapping it onto the card - messy, but fun! When dry and trimmed to size two pieces of organza / satin ribbon were wrapped around it and secured in place with tape. This layer was then mounted onto the card.

The Happy New Year sentiment is from a Clarity stamp. The full stamp had more text that this so I just inked up the text that I wanted with Versamark and it was embossed with Platinum Sparkle powder from WOW. This was trimmed and layered on silver mirror card, green card and another layer of silver.

The main image of snow drops, another Clarity stamp, was embossed with Platinum Regular powder from WOW. I did not colour it in as I felt that the white card suited the stamp. This was layered up on Silver, green and silver again with shapes being cut out with Nestabilities.

The flowers and leaves in the bottom right hand corner were cut from a sheet manufactured by Klever Konstructions. They were warmed with a heat gun and before they cooled the flowers and leaves were shaped to the desired positions. These, and the green bow, were bonded into place with Pinflair glue.

Challenge Link: http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/12/challenge-61-happy-new-year.html

3 comments:

  1. You know what Shirl, you never cease to amaze me...your work is always brilliant and just that bit 'different'....I love it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirl
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx