Thursday 7 October 2010

Ivor the Engine Card.


A more unusual card from me. No stamping or encaustic art in sight. This decoupage card is not something I usually do but this was a special card for Keith and he loves Ivor the engine!

It is an A4 size gate fold card made in dark brown. The is a mat of copper mirror card on each side. The top layer was a sheet of cream card which was stained with walnut ink containing mica powder. Whilst the ink was wet a piece of clingfilm was applied and drawn up into creases thus concentrating the micra powder up to make fine coppery lines.

The decoupage was cut out and layered up with 2mm foam. The completed decoupage was mounted on brown card before being applied to either side of the gate fold.

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased to be back looking to see what my blogging friends have been up to,I love Ivor this is a very lovely idea take care love Dorothy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx