Saturday 24 July 2010

Flower Card


A more unusual card for me, this one. The backing paper is made from kitchen towel that was used to mop up after I was preparing a whole load of background cards with glimmer mists. Hence the colours are all mixed and run together. This, when dry was attached to a white backing card using Modge Podge. The flowers are made from gold UTEE which was melted and poured onto a non-stick mat before impressing a lovely daisy stamp (Judikins - Carol's cube if I remember rightly). The top and bottom flowers, when cool, were rubbed over with red wax to give a hint of red, the middle one was left au naturel. These were then mounted onto the layered card with a length of pink/blue glittery ribbon. The word "flower" was made from coated chipboard letters, coloured with alcohol inks and gold swirls added with a gold pen. I have to say that the colours are more vivid than shown in the photograph. I obviously need to practice taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx