Sunday 6 March 2011

Paint Fusion - Flowers

 Good morning. Happy Sunday.

I have been so busy doing cards for challenges that I have not been doing other crafting activities. So today I thought I would post two mini canvases that I have just completed using Sheena Douglass' new Paint Fusion techniques.

These mini canvases on wooden frames are only about 3 x2.25 inches but they are interesting to work with. Both canvases were painted blue with emulsion, and when dry a layer of watered down PVA glue was applied. When this was nearly dry then the cream emulsion was brushed over the top. When left to dry the cream pain crackled so that the blue paint beneath can be seen.

Supporting the back of the canvas, the garland stamp was applied to one and the lavender stalks to the other. These were then painted with acrylic paints following the techniques provided by Sheena.

The aged effect was done using Distress inks and then gold embossing powder was applied around the edges to provide a a frame.

I was quite pleased with the results as these were only my 3rd and 4th attempts using these techniques. I can see myself spending quite a lot of time with this craft once I have moved. I don't know if there will be much crafting time for the next month or so but I will try and enter a couple of challenges a week if I can.

1 comment:

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx